Finance and Administration Coordinator (Sierra Leone)
|Finance and Administration Coordinator
|Finance and Administration
|Length of contract:
|Senior Program Officer
|Head, Finance and Administrator HQ, Country Office Management
|Permanent, Full Time
To provide finance and admin Coordination as a member of the country office management team in Sierra Leone and support BudgIT’s work in Sierra Leone as may be required.
S/he manages all aspects of financial risk; and implements financial systems; manages relationships with donors on all finance-related matters; ensures compliance with regulatory and donor requirements; and ensures a sustained financial health of the organization in Sierra Leone.
Key Working Relationships
The Account Officer will work with Directors, International Programs Management Team, Country Lead, HQ Finance and Administrative Lead, program teams, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, and donors.
Strategic Financial Planning and Analysis
- Serve as a key member of the Country office management team and participate in organizational decisions that contribute to the implementation of its strategic vision and sustainability.
- Report on the financial performance of the organization with respect to organizational budgets and forecasts.
- Create yearly financial objectives with the Country team that align with the organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio.
- Contributes strategically to grant proposal writing on finance-related aspects.
Accounting and Financial Management
- Ensure the effective and transparent use of financial resources in compliance with BudgIT Sierra Leone and donor policies and procedures.
- Manage overall financial operations to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and compliance with regulatory and donor requirements.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee and maintain good working relationships with regulatory agencies and financial institutions.
- Provide standard accounting reports, including general ledger files, account and bank reconciliations, program costs, grant reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Enhance and implement financial systems, procedures, and tools.
- Participates in top-level strategic planning sessions, while providing assistance to program leads and Country management in the development of annual budgets.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field.
- ACA or ACCA qualification is desirable
- At least 3-5 years’ progressive experience in accounting or finance
- NGO-related experience in the Finance department with a reputable non-governmental organization or donor agency is an added advantage.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.,
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Mature and professional demeanor with a strong executive presence.
- Ability to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels.
- Self-starter who can work with own initiative with limited supervision.
- Previous experience in building or enhancing NGOs financial management capacity.
- Strong awareness of national issues.
Deadline: Jul 4, 2022
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to [email protected] using the role applied for as the subject of the mail.